Monday, January 26, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire: "Best Film"?

I had the chance to watch this movie for free tonight, so I thought I'd better watch at least one of the many Oscar-nominated films for next month.

A few comments about the film:
  • It definitely makes you appreciate growing up in the US.
  • I thought "Lakita" (played by Freida Pinto) was the most beautiful Bollywood actress I'd ever seen.
  • The scene where Jamal jumps down into the contents of the worst outhouse ever was disgusting to say the least.
While I thought it was a really great movie, and had me on the edge of my seat towards the end, I wonder if it's worthy of 'Best Film.' I can see how it could get so many nominations (10). And it won a SAG award tonight, too (the Producers' Guild of America Award). But, I have a feeling the 'Best Film' award will go to Brad Pitt's movie, which I haven't had much interest in seeing.

1 comment:

  1. "Benjamin Button" has a chance, as does "Milk." It's going to be an interesting Oscar night. My best guess is that, in the least, Danny Boyle will win the Oscar for Best Director for "Slumdog." Best Pic is a mystery...

    ReplyDelete