Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Review: Mirrors

I don't recall seeing commercials for this movie when it was in theaters, but the TV spammed me with news of its upcoming DVD release for weeks.

Mirrors stars the bad ass Jack Bauer. (Upon hearing that he was played by Kiefer Sutherland, Jack Bauer killed Sutherland. Jack Bauer gets played by no man.) Being a huge fan of 24, I immediately put it on my Netflix queue and bumped it to #1. Netflix delivered Mirrors today, which was unexpected since it was listed as a "long wait."

So we pop it in tonight and not five minutes into the movie, some guy slits his throat from ear to ear. Not for the weak stomachs out there. The next 45 minutes or so were all set in the dark and not very fascinating, and I nearly fell asleep. Basically, Jack Bauer and his family are the target of an evil demon that attacks them through mirrors or anything with a reflection. There are a few jumpy moments throughout to startle you. The last 20 minutes are the best, and the ending has an unexpected twist.

Unfortunately, Jack did not deliver in this movie. I give it about 2 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment